Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #15


I did it! I made my very first Penny Black card using one of my hedgehog stamps. I fell in love with the hedgies quite some time ago and just had to have them...BUT...never got around to using them until now. I can't wait to use them more often. Anyone have any suggestions on how to color their tummies? I am not quite feelin' the all grey look.



Here's the INSIDE of my card. You can't really tell from the photo that the hedgehog is popped up from the rest of the card. Oh, and so is the blue candle that's on the front of the card.


Thanks for taking a peek!

9 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

welcome to your first PBS challenge and what a fabulous card for your first one...love how you have popped some of the images and decorated the inside...pay a visit to some of the lovely folk who have entered cards with hedgies for some inspiration if you aren't happy with the tummy colour but I think it looks fine and thanks for playing along this week at PBSC...need to get your stamps out more often and play along.
Hugs
Kath
xxxxx

Carmen O. said...

Wow I think you colored this card beautifully and I agree with Kath in that the tummy colors looks good, really natural to me. I could see the candle was popped up and when I clicked on the photo to enlarge I could see that the hedgie and candle were popped up inside. What an awesome card!

Shelly said...

Hi! Great card, I love the sentiment inside! I think the hedgies look fine, but you could use a pale brown pencil or watercolours to give more colour? Good luck with your first PB Challenge x

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

Adorable!! I love it!!!
Have added the cover stamp to my must have list!! Too cute!!
I leave my Hedgy's tummies white :)

~Terry
http://krazysplace.blogspot.com/

tracie said...

fab card, and welcome to PBS challenge. Love the cute images and sentiment - gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Sue said...

awww really cute card, i love it:)

sue
xx

Mrs Wonka said...

This is simply beautiful , I love the images and the colours a fantastic 1st challenge!

Mrs WOnka x

Tracey said...

Georgeous card & another great sentiment lol :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Dani_Girl said...

All I have to say is, "You should sell your cards"......they are that GREAT!